Monday, 2 June 2014

What-if Japanese Supermarine Spitfire VC Tropical (a little)

After more than 20 years I managed to actually finish a model! The very old Pioneer 2 kit in 1/72 was horrible in every respect, no cockpit, no wheel wells etc but I was more interested to finish it quickly with minimum detailing improvements, try some painting techniques and just have fun. I saved some air intakes and removed the two 20mm cannon barrels to be used in other projects and instead used needle pieces to represent 30mm cannons. Markings are for an Akeno plane. I'm not entirely satisfied with the result, I could be more careful with the cannons which were placed as an afterthought when the plane was already painted, but I'm really happy I finished it in only one week. Onwards to the next one! 
 


2 comments:

D. Chouinard said...

Very cool!
Looks interesting in J-markings. Your rate of finishing is about like mine...SLOW! Although, that may change soon with all that I have seen on this blog.
Can't wait to see more!

Arawasi said...

Thanks D.
You saw mine...can't wait to see yours!