Sunday 11 November 2018

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 010 - RENE DE KONING

This is my Tamiya 1/48 scale kit to which I merely added the appropriate Eduard etch set and some True Details resin wheels. A few other additions were the undercarriage indicators and brake lines made from lead wire.
The model was painted using Gunze colours with the Green being mixture made in accordance with the ratios stated in a ModelArt publication.
The markings came from an Aeromaster decal sheet and the model depicts an N1K1-Ja from the Yatabe Kokutai, Tsukuba in 1945.
This model was an absolute joy to build and the fit was excellent as is to be expected from Tamiya.
  
- Rene de Koning, Australia -
 
  
 

4 comments:

Arawasi said...

Beautiful! I like it! 9

Raketenmann said...

Nicely done! 8 from me. I especially like the green finish. I hope I will get it as well with my two Shidens already on my work bench!

D. Chouinard said...

Very nice! I really like the finish! 9

Toryu said...

This looks like a solid straightforward OOB build. Good job on the top colour with sparse chipping! I miss a bit the individual touch. 8.0