Monday 21 October 2013

Kawanishi E7K2 "Alf" & Nakajima E8N "Dave"

A set of stills today from, I hope you will agree, a most interesting short NHK news clip featuring at least two Navy Type 94 Reconnaissance Seaplanes or Kawanishi E7K2 "Alf" and a Navy Type 95 Reconnaissance Seaplane or Nakajima E8N "Dave". The clip is HERE.
All the seaplanes belong to the seaplane tender Notoro which was operating in the Central China area at the time.












The "Dave" in the film is "hokoku", no 146 donated by citizens of Shiga prefecture.
 
 
Ed DeKiep kindly sent us a postcard of Hokoku#146. Thank you Ed.


3 comments:

Alcides said...

A Dave. Fantastic I'll see when I go home I'm working now :)

All helps to model one plane.

Alcides said...

I saw the video. Great to see that planes moving. Sadly I can't download the video :(

R. Vieira said...

Thanks! I am still hoping to see a modern standards', mainstream injected kit of the E8N one of these days...