Wednesday 21 February 2018

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 007 - MIKE GRANT

Below are three images of my Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi J2M3 "Raiden" (Jack) in captured US markings, as my entry in the ‘Opposites Attract’ contest. The model was built several years ago, and the decals were self-made (though Hasegawa later released a version with the same markings). The model was built out-of-box and finished in various shades of Alclad. Despite its age the Jack remains one of my favourite models, though I noticed while photographing it that one of the wingtip lights has gone AWOL…

- Mike G - Calgary, AB, Canada -

 
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

An very clean looking build!

Steve Diederich

D. Chouinard said...

A nice build! I like the subtle differences between the panels. 4.9

Jacob said...


Excellent build, I like the difference shades that makes it very realistic.! 4.8

Anonymous said...

"I noticed while photographing it that one of the wingtip lights has gone AWOL…"
I hate it when they do that.
The Jack looks so nice when done in natural metal, clean and crisp looking, as is this model. I vote 4.8.

Wind Swords

The kit slayer said...

Very nice build. 4.7

Toryu said...

A beautiful model and indeed very clean. Just a little stain, e.g. around the exhausts, would make it perfect, but I'm overdoing my search for perfectionism... 5.0!

The Migrant said...

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. In US markings the Jack looks like it could be a distant cousin of the P-47.

Baronvonrob said...

Berautiful Natural metal finish ...Great attention to detail

solid 5

Arawasi said...

I love it! The photos too are absolutely brilliant. 5.0