Sunday 17 January 2016

Hiro H4H2 flying boat by Mariusz Kogut

Here are some pictures of my scratch-built model of Hiro H4H2 flying boat in 1:200 scale, which I finished in 2010. I'm a modeller fascinated with the Japanese planes and ships from the '30s and '40s.
I liked that flying boat very much from the first time I saw her, because of her design. You know, the Lockheed Constellation has the same kind of design - smooth, beautiful aerodynamic lines, even though it is big. The only drawings of the Hiro I had then were the 3-side views from a Polish book and some very few pictures from the net and forum sites.
Now, that I received your great Arawasi EXTRA#2, I'm double happy to see fine quality pictures and the whole story about Hiro. Many thanks for that wonderful magazine!
Also now I can compare and find out what I did wrong :) The obvious thing is the painting scheme and the designation tail code, but I did these intentionally. My "what-if scenario" is going on in late 1942. That machine is attached to, and supporting, the Kamikawa Maru Fighter Buntai, 11th Koku Sentai.  Some crazy scheme connected with the Rufe models I'm building now.
 
- Mariusz Kogut - Warsaw, Poland
 
Thank you very much Mariusz for your kind words about our magazine and for sharing photos of your exquisite tiny Hiro flying boat with our blog. We are all looking forward to your Rufe models!
 
 
 


 




 


 


 


 


5 comments:

Harold K said...

1/200th; and scratchbuilt!!

This is masterful work. Give me a good quality kit in my chosen (1/72nd) scale and I could not match what Mariusz has accomplished. VERY well done.

D. Chouinard said...

Flat out amazing!! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Thank you guys for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me while I pick my lower jaw up off the floor! Great job!

Wind_Swords

F_IV said...

Wow! I am HUGELY impressed. 1/144th is really my "thing", so to see something so exquisitely crafted as this in 1/200... Mind duly blown!